Tuesday 27 March 2012

NUMERO 8. Made in the Now

I've been asked to participate in the Made in the Now project. The mission (if you decide to accept it) is to design a t-shirt based on daily current affairs. The possible stories are given to the public to vote via facebook for the design of the day. You are only given 2hrs to produce a 90% finished piece.

This was hard work! Time flew and afterwards there's that lingering feeling that I could/should have done more. Anyway. My story was about the recent finding of oil in Kenya and it's implications.

My response: Kenya is known around the world for its wildlife. The discovery of oil presents an economic opportunity but at the same time a possible threat to the environment. I wanted to link these ideas together by imagining an unusual backdrop to a wildlife safari.



BTW: the t-shirts are only for sale for 24hrs. Today's news, tomorrow's history...

http://www.madeinthenow.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment